Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Cora: Pizza Porcupine Patties


This is my family's absolute favorite! Hope you enjoy it, too.

Pizza Porcupine Patties

1 pound hamburger
15 oz tomato sauce
1/2 cup uncooked rice
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/3 teaspoon oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon
1 cup boiling water
1 cup pizza cheese

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Reserve 1 cup tomato sauce.

Mix remaining sauce, ground beef, rice, salt, garlic salt and oregano. Shape into 6 patties. Place into ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove patties from oven and drain.

Dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in reserved tomato sauce. Pour mixture over patties. Cover and bake for 35 minutes.

Spoon sauce over patties. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, this sounds intriguing! I would have never put those ingredients together, but I can't wait to try it. Thank you! :)

Fran said...

I think you gave me this recipe before but I don't know where I put it! So thank you for posting it, now I'll actually make it!

Laurie said...

Wow, I'm loving this recipe idea! This sounds great too. It's making me excited to cook. John will be so blessed. Thank you